Welcome to Grégory Mounié’s home page !
I am associate professor at Ensimag IMHO, one of the two nicest places of France to learn computer science. To get an idea of the other place, check the ranking of Univ. Grenoble Alpes in 2020 in Shanghai subject ranking fo CS and engineering For another hint, check the 2018 locations of full-time CNRS researchers in Computer Science
Ensimag is the computer science and applied mathematics department (École (School) in French) of Grenoble-INP, the engineering department of Grenoble-Alpes University. I am doing my research activities at LIG laboratory in the Datamove team (I was before in the MOAIS team). The laboratory is funded by the science universities of Grenoble and the French science institute CNRS . My team, as half of the teams of the LIG, is also funded by French computer science institute Inria. My research activities are located in the IMAG building, on the campus of Grenoble.
Ensimag birth date is 1960, thanks to the creation by Jean Kuntzmann of the “Laboratoire de Calcul” with one of the first computers of France.
My main research interests are parallel computing and scheduling. I also work on network monitoring, communication optimization, and visualization. My teaching activities occurs in the master of Computer Science. I am mainly teaching operating systems.
Office 440, 4th floor
Laboratoire d’Informatique de Grenoble
700 avenue Centrale
38401 St Martin d’Hères
Tel: +33 (0)4 57 42 15 33
- Parallel computing and scheduling: multi-criteria scheduling; scheduling of irregular parallel applications using various models: malleable tasks, moldable tasks, local affinity, uncertain availability; hybrid CPU-GPU scheduling.
- Network: collective communication optimization on parallel cluster and grid; performance forecast on the same large scale platforms.
- Monitoring and performance evaluation: in the two previous contexts.
Official former PhD students, still academics
I had the privilege to work also with numerous PhD students of Prof. Denis Trystram. Half of them are still in the academic system in France, Brasil and US.
I am teaching Operating Systems, Concurrency, and, at a smallest scale, Networks and Security at Ensimag .
- Operating Systems: concurrency management is the key of modern computer systems. Thread concurrency tools like monitors and semaphores are the basics of a broader panel. Our students build also a small OS for x86 with processes, system calls, virtual memory, synchronization, keyboard, VGA, and isolation between user processes and the system.
Current administrative activities
- Employment Observatory of Grenoble-INP I am member since 2003 of the Employement Observatory of Grenoble-INP. This council and la cellule emploi organize the alumni employment statistic collect and its analysis.
- Scientific et Technical Information (IST): I am in charge of the Scientific and Technical Information of the LIG (aka. the publications in HAL ; publications part of HCERES reports; contact with the University libraries, etc.).
Former notable administrative activities
- Documentary Cooperation Council I was member from June 2011 to December 1016 of the council of of the University Science Library SICD1 up to the merge of the Letters and Sciences Libraries.
- I was in charge of the research report of the LIG
- I was also IST contact for ID laboratory (one of the laboratories merged in LIG)
- I am not co-author of all papers but some malleable/Moldable Task paper are listed here