- I am a distinguished Professor at [Grenoble INP Institut d'ingenierie et de management]
- working at Laboratoire d'Informatique de Grenoble [LIG] in the team DataMove-INRIA.
- I am a honorary member of the [Institut Universitaire de France] (senior from 2010 to 2015)
My research activities
- Most of my professional work was devoted to the design and analysis of efficient algorithms for optimizing all aspects of the use of parallel and distributed resources (large-scale multi-cores, GPU accelerators, clouds, smart objects, IoT) with a special emphasis on reducing the energy consumption.
- Over the years, I have become aware of the seriousness of the climate emergency and I have adapted the focus of my research to take this dimension into account, mainly on the basis of my areas of expertise. However, I still wonder about the effectiveness of such an approach in regard to the urgency of the current crisis! As scientists, we need to change our fields of research and ways of working to effectively fight against global warming, which is only a symptom of an even more serious crisis coming from uncontrolled human activities.
Main recent leading activities
- 2019/2023 Head of the research program ( Edge Intelligence ) at MIAI Institute
- 2011/2020 Head of the international Master program ( MOSIG1 ) at Grenoble INP (ENSIMAG)
- 2017/2020 Director of the Pole de recherche Maths/Info (MSTIC) at Univ. Grenoble-Alpes
- 2016/2017: Member of the directoire pole MSTIC at COMUE UGA (3 persons)
- 2015/2016 vice-Director of the LIG
- 2011/2016 Head of the national Mission Jeunes Chercheurs at Inria
membership: IEEE (senior - sustainable computing), SIF (french Computer Society), [EcoInfo Pour une Informatique Eco-responsable]