- I am a distinguished Professor at [Grenoble INP Institut d'ingenierie et de management]
- working at Laboratoire d'Informatique de Grenoble [LIG] in the team DataMove-INRIA.
- I am a honorary member of the [Institut Universitaire de France] (senior from 2010 to 2015)
Brief overview of my research interests
- Design and analysis of efficient algorithms for optimizing all apsects of the use of resources in parallel and distributed systems (large-scale multi-cores, GPU accelerators, clouds, smart objects, IoT). A special emphasis is put on reducing the energy consumption.
- Focus in the design and analysis of approximation algorithms for scheduling and packing problems, in multi-objective optimization (performance, waiting times, fairness, reliability, energy consumption).
- Explore learning algorithms for data analytics, and their links with resource management. I am particularly focusing on distributed (federated) learning.
- I have also been working in the past in implementing parallel applications (molecular dynamic, oceanic simulations) and bio-computing (multiple alignments, phylogenetic trees).
Main recent leading activities
- 2011/2020 Head of the international Master program ( MOSIG1 ) at Grenoble INP (ENSIMAG)
- 2017/2020 Director of the Pole de recherche Maths/Info (MSTIC) at Univ. Grenoble-Alpes
- 2016/2017: Member of the directoire pole MSTIC at COMUE UGA (3 persons)
- 2015/2016 vice-Director of the LIG
- 2011/2016 Head of the national Mission Jeunes Chercheurs at Inria
membership: ACM, IEEE (senior) and SIF (french Computer Society).